By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
  • Movies
  • Celebrity Style
  • The Kardashians
  • Celebrity Babies
  • Albums
NEWSLETTER
Live the Gossip
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • More Articles
Reading: Prince William, Kate Middleton’s rent for Forest Lodge home revealed
Share
Search
Live the GossipLive the Gossip
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • More Articles
Search
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • More Articles
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Live the Gossip > Royal Family > Prince William, Kate Middleton’s rent for Forest Lodge home revealed
Royal Family

Prince William, Kate Middleton’s rent for Forest Lodge home revealed

Written by: News Room Last updated: May 18, 2026
Share

Prince William and Kate Middleton are reportedly paying $411,435 a year to rent Forest Lodge in Windsor.

The hefty cost was revealed in documents filed on May 14 that list the Prince and Princess of Wales as the proprietors for their “forever home,” according to The Times.

The couple and their children —  Prince George, 12, Princess Charlotte, 10, and Prince Louis, 8 — have been living in the eight-bedroom Georgian mansion located on the Windsor Estate since October.

The Times reported that William and Kate’s rental agreement covers the main house plus two cottages on the grounds, which are used by staff.

Forest Lodge’s previous tenant was Alexander Fitzgibbons, chairman of the event planning business Fait Accompli that William, 43, and Kate, 44, and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle used for their respective weddings.

Fitzgibbons reportedly used to live in the home for $289,316 annually — $120,000 less than what the future king and queen are paying now.

Shifts in the housing market are to blame for the rent vastly increasing for William and Kate, who signed a 20-year lease for the property in July 2025, per The Times.

The couple also made major security upgrades to their new home, including planting new trees and hedgerows around the property and erecting fences to shield them from public view.

Page Six previously reported that William and Kate won’t be living at Forest Lodge full-time when they eventually ascend the throne.

Hugo Vickers, writer and friend of the royal family, told us last year that the couple will still need to reside at Buckingham Palace to carry out their major royal duties.

“The king has to be somewhere convenient to the center of government,” Vickers said. “They can’t expect ministers to come to Windsor.”

“I am sure William and Catherine will have to use Buckingham Palace as their London base and also for ceremonial duties,” he added.

William and Kate moved from Adelaide Cottage, their four-bedroom property, where they resided for over three years.

A source told the US Sun that the family chose to relocate to put Kate’s March 2024 cancer diagnosis behind them.

“Moving gives them an opportunity for a fresh start and a new chapter; an opportunity to leave some of the more unhappy memories behind,” a source told the Sun of Kate, who has since gone into remission.

Read the full article here

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article Fergie Reacts After Ex Josh Duhamel Welcomes Baby No. 3, His Second With Wife Audra Mari
Next Article ‘You’re Killing Me’ Starring Brooke Shields: Release Date, Cast Details, First Look & More
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Join Us for the latest celebrity news

Don't Miss Out

Latest News

New

Climbers Break Their Own Records on Mount Everest: 'I Always Feel Humble in Front of the Mountain'

My Mom’s No.1 Outdoor Hosting Hack Gives Her Outdoor Table ‘Restaurant’-Level Ambience — and It’s Just $10

Influencer Patriotic Kenny Dies at Age 84 After Sharing Stage 4 Lung Cancer Diagnosis

Donald Trump Jr., Bettina Anderson to wed over Memorial Day

You Might Also Like

Royal Family

Netflix boss takes swipe at Meghan Markle after streamer cuts ties with royals

Netflix boss Ted Sarandos has unfollowed Meghan Markle and…

Writen by News Room March 20, 2026
Royal Family

Read Prince Harry’s flirty texts to journalist as privacy trial concludes

Prince Harry reportedly called a journalist “sugar” and mentioned…

Writen by News Room April 1, 2026
Royal Family

Royal family raised concerns over Meghan Markle’s ‘very sexy’ ‘Suits’ role

End scene. The royal family reportedly raised concerns about…

Writen by News Room March 24, 2026
Royal Family

King Charles’ April visit to US facing potentially tricky issues

King Charles and Queen Camilla are expected to make…

Writen by News Room March 19, 2026
Live the Gossip

Follow us to get the latest gossip, entertainment news and updates and more...

FACEBOOK
SPOTIFY
YOUTUBE
RSS
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Celebrity
  • The Kardashians
  • Royal Family
  • Celebrity Babies
  • Film & TV
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?