By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
  • Movies
  • Celebrity Style
  • The Kardashians
  • Celebrity Babies
  • Albums
NEWSLETTER
Live the Gossip
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • More Articles
Reading: Prince Harry’s Buckingham Palace invite ‘withdrawn at the last moment’
Share
Search
Live the GossipLive the Gossip
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • More Articles
Search
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • More Articles
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Live the Gossip > Royal Family > Prince Harry’s Buckingham Palace invite ‘withdrawn at the last moment’
Royal Family

Prince Harry’s Buckingham Palace invite ‘withdrawn at the last moment’

Written by: News Room Last updated: July 6, 2026
Share

Prince Harry’s invitation to stay at Buckingham Palace during his upcoming visit to the United Kingdom was “withdrawn at the last moment” after he “formally” accepted it.

“I am aware of multiple briefings from Buckingham Palace last week suggesting that the Duke had not accepted the offer of accommodation at a Royal Residence,” a rep for the Duke of Sussex told Page Six in a statement.

“Following RAVEC’s decision not to provide security for his family, the Duke spent last week making alternative security arrangements,” the spokesperson added.

“Once those arrangements were in place, [Harry] was able to formally accept the offer of accommodation for himself over the weekend.”

Harry’s rep said it is “disappointing” that the offer “has now been withdrawn,” citing Tuesday’s forthcoming judgment in the Associated Newspapers Limited case as the reason.

“Buckingham Palace has, however, been aware of that judgment since last Thursday,” the “Spare” author’s spokesperson added.

“It is therefore unclear why, having formally accepted the accommodation offer, it has now been withdrawn at the last moment.”

However, the BBC reported that the Sussex team failed to confirm whether they would accept to stay at Buckingham Palace and formally declined the invitation on Saturday.

Buckingham Palace claimed that later that day Harry’s team changed their minds and accepted the offer to stay — but it was too late to make arrangements.

On Saturday evening, the palace notified the Invictus Games founder, 41, that he couldn’t stay there.

BBC reported that the palace was concerned about the outcome of Harry’s case against the publishers of the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers and believed the result could compromise King Charles III’s constitutional position.

The Sussex team said, however, that the palace knew that the timing of the court judgment was already known last week.

Harry’s visit to London was slated to begin Tuesday. The dad of two is traveling to the UK to promote his Invictus Games, which will be held in Birmingham next year, and other charity events.

Harry was originally planning to bring his wife, Meghan Markle, 44, and their two children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, with him across the pond. However, they were denied taxpayer-funded security.

Despite the security concerns, Harry was exploring “every available option” to bring his children and wife with him.

Harry and the “Suits” actress — who quit the royal family in 2020 — have not brought their children to England since 2022.

Read the full article here

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article 'Devoted' Father Drowns While Swimming Across Lake at Michigan Campground with His 8-Year-Old Son
Next Article Brown Bear Encounter Leaves 4 Climbers Stranded on 7,000-Foot Mountain Before They're Airlifted to Safety
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Join Us for the latest celebrity news

Don't Miss Out

Latest News

New

Private Plane Carrying 8 People Crashes in Alaska, Killing Everyone on Board

Ariana Grande Tells Trump to ‘Never Use My Music Again’ After His Team Features Her Song in TikTok Video

My 66-Year-Old Mom and I Are Ditching Our Dated Fall Clothes for These Sleek (and Comfy!) Matching Sets from $24

Amazon Is Selling a Resort-Style Swimming Pool That’s Ready to Make a Splash in Your Backyard — and It’s Under $11K

You Might Also Like

Royal Family

Queen Camilla breaks silence on King Charles’ cancer diagnosis

Queen Camilla broke her silence on King Charles’ cancer…

Writen by News Room August 19, 2026
Royal Family

Prince Harry scoffed that William, King Charles were ‘trapped’ in the monarchy before fleeing UK

Prince Harry once insisted that his brother and father…

Writen by News Room August 20, 2026
Royal Family

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and kids may scrap UK visit after being denied taxpayer-funded security

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle may reportedly not return…

Writen by News Room June 28, 2026
Royal Family

Meghan Markle’s on-set request leaves beloved ‘MasterChef Australia’ judge ‘upset’

Meghan Markle’s on-set request has reportedly left “MasterChef Australia”…

Writen by News Room July 22, 2026
Live the Gossip

Follow us to get the latest gossip, entertainment news and updates and more...

FACEBOOK
SPOTIFY
YOUTUBE
RSS
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Celebrity
  • The Kardashians
  • Royal Family
  • Celebrity Babies
  • Film & TV
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?