By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
  • Movies
  • Celebrity Style
  • The Kardashians
  • Celebrity Babies
  • Albums
NEWSLETTER
Live the Gossip
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • More Articles
Reading: Prince Harry’s return could drive wedge between Prince William and King Charles
Share
Search
Live the GossipLive the Gossip
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • More Articles
Search
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • More Articles
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Live the Gossip > Royal Family > Prince Harry’s return could drive wedge between Prince William and King Charles
Royal Family

Prince Harry’s return could drive wedge between Prince William and King Charles

Written by: News Room Last updated: August 21, 2026
Share

Prince Harry’s return to the UK could drive a wedge between his estranged brother, Prince William, and their dad, King Charles III.

“It’s going to represent huge challenges for William,” royal reporter Tom Sykes exclusively told Page Six, referring to Harry and Meghan Markle’s bombshell news that they will be moving back to England at the end of the month.

“William is gonna have to figure out how he is going to respond to this,” Sykes added, noting that it won’t be “sustainable” for the Prince of Wales to continue refusing to see or speak to his younger brother.

“The Royalist” Substack author believes William will have trouble navigating royal family events attended by Harry.

“What is going to happen if Charles invites Harry to join the royal family for Christmas? What is going to happen if Harry wants to attend the Remembrance Day celebrations?” Sykes wondered.

“What is going to happen if his father endorses Harry by appearing in public shoulder to shoulder with him? It’s a huge succession of challenges for William.”

The journalist also predicted that Harry will likely seek Charles’ support for his Invictus Games, which is the Duke of Sussex’s international multi-sport event for wounded, injured and sick military personnel.

“I think the other thing that this is clearly also about is getting the King to support Invictus Games, which are in serious trouble with their fundraising,” Sykes claimed.

“But now, if Harry is able to very rapidly re-establish proximity to the King, and is able to deliver the King as a guest at Invictus Games, or even better, is able to deliver the King as the dignitary opening the Invictus Games, then I think that you will suddenly see sponsors flocking towards that.”

Sykes would see this as “a huge victory” for Harry and “a huge mistake” for Charles.

“These two are incredibly unpopular,” Sykes said, referring to Harry and the As Ever founder. “Now here they are coming back with a tail between their legs.”

The royal insider views Harry and Markle’s move back to the UK as an admission of their failure in the United States.

“I think if there was another hundred-million-dollar deal on the table, they wouldn’t be rushing home,” Sykes said. “And I think ultimately it’s a very dangerous situation that Charles has allowed himself to be manipulated into welcoming them home because this would not be happening without the King’s endorsement.”

Page Six confirmed this week that Harry, Markle and their two kids — Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5 — would be moving back to the UK for “an extended period” at the end of the month.

Sykes exclusively told Page Six that Harry had been house-hunting in the Cotswolds, the ultra-posh countryside enclave where Charles’ Highrove House is located. They are reportedly going to live in a “non-royal residence,” according to the Sun.

Sources told Page Six that they were moving so their children could be closer to Charles, who was diagnosed with cancer in 2024, and to ensure they have relationships with their royal family members.

We’re told Charles, 77, learned that they would be moving back just this past Sunday. We’re also told that William has no plans to reconnect with Harry when he and Markle return.

William, 44, and Harry, 41, have been feuding since the latter and his wife resigned from their royal duties in 2020 and moved to Montecito, California — only to go on several press rants in which they dragged the royal family.

However, Harry and Charles have been mending their relationship and even got together with Queen Camilla, Markle, Archie and Lilibet for the first time in four years just last month.

Read the full article here

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article Fans Rush to Defend“ Gilmore Girls ”Cast After They’re Roasted Over This Millennial Habit
Next Article Pursue, Withdraw, or Both? The 3 Relationship Patterns Hiding in Every Celebrity Couple
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Join Us for the latest celebrity news

Don't Miss Out

Latest News

New

“Reading Rainbow” Host“ ”Mychal Threets Shares Health Update After ‘5-Day Psychiatric Hold,’ Says Doctors ‘Saved My Life’

Mother, 18, Charged in 2-Year-Old Son’s Death After Boyfriend Allegedly Struck and ‘Severely’ Beat the Toddler

Dad, 66, Choked on a Cup of Tea and Lost Consciousness. It Led to Him Learning He Had Cancer

Ted Danson Says He Doesn’t Think About His Legacy, Admits He’s ‘Still Trying to Get It Right’ (Exclusive)

You Might Also Like

Royal Family

Meghan Markle mom’s new living situation as daughter, Prince Harry plan UK return

Meghan Markle’s mom, Doria Ragland, will reportedly stay in…

Writen by News Room August 20, 2026
Royal Family

Meghan Markle wears Princess Diana’s diamond and sapphire earrings on Prince Harry date night

Meghan Markle honored late mother-in-law Princess Diana on a…

Writen by News Room August 8, 2026
Royal Family

Prince George and Princess Charlotte make surprise appearance with Kate Middleton and Prince William at Wimbledon 2026

Prince William and Kate Middleton turned the Wimbledon Tennis…

Writen by News Room July 12, 2026
Royal Family

Meghan Markle ‘MasterChef Australia’ episode confirmed, viewers vow boycott

Meghan Markle is going back to the kitchen. The…

Writen by News Room July 14, 2026
Live the Gossip

Follow us to get the latest gossip, entertainment news and updates and more...

FACEBOOK
SPOTIFY
YOUTUBE
RSS
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Celebrity
  • The Kardashians
  • Royal Family
  • Celebrity Babies
  • Film & TV
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?