Questions surrounding the whereabouts of the former prince's family have swirled since his arrest
Dave Benett/Getty; Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty
NEED TO KNOW
- Days before the former Prince Andrew was arrested, his son-in-law Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi posted pictures from Florida
- Edoardo is married to Andrew’s daughter, Princess Beatrice
- Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie have not spoken out since their father’s arrest
Days before the former Prince Andrew was arrested, his daughter Princess Beatrice's husband posted pictures from Florida.
Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, 42 — Beatrice's husband, with whom she has two daughters in addition to his son from a previous relationship — posted pictures from Miami and Palm Beach, Florida, on his Instagram account on Feb. 9, 10 days before his father-in-law's arrest. He was seemingly in the United States for his work with Banda Property, tagging #banda in his post.
Andrew, the former Duke of York who is now known as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor after his royal titles were stripped, was arrested on the royal family's Sandringham estate in Norfolk on Thursday, Feb. 19, his 66th birthday.
Police are investigating allegations that Andrew shared confidential information with Jeffrey Epstein while serving as a trade envoy for the U.K.
View this post on Instagram
Andrew's two daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, have not spoken out or been seen on the day of their father's arrest.
Meanwhile, the whereabouts of Andrew's ex-wife and the princesses' mother, Sarah Ferguson, is currently unknown. As of late last month, PEOPLE understood that Ferguson planned to spend time overseas as she considered her next moves.
King Charles and Queen Camilla carried on with royal engagements on Feb. 19 despite Andrew's arrest. The Queen, 78, attended a concert and met with musicians in London, while the King, 77, held audiences and attended London Fashion Week.
Princess Beatrice, 37, and Princess Eugenie, 35, were unaffected by the King's decision to strip their father of his royal titles and honors. They are not working members of the royal family and have private careers, but they will keep their titles.
The sisters joined the royal family on Christmas, attending church services with the King and others despite their parents being barred from the gathering.
Despite this, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie came up in the latest Epstein files released by the Department of Justice in January.
In 2009, PEOPLE previously reported, Ferguson brought her daughters to a lunch with Epstein in Miami, shortly after his release from prison for soliciting a minor for prostitution and soliciting prostitution.

Pool/Max Mumby/Getty
"What address shall we come to. It will be myself, Beatrice and Eugenie," Ferguson allegedly wrote in an email.
At the time, the princesses were 20 and 19 years old.
"I have never been more touched by a friends kindness than your compliment to me infront of my girls,” Ferguson said in a subsequent email. “Thank you Jeffrey for being the brother I have always wished for.”

Steve Parsons – WPA Pool/Getty
Following Andrew's arrest, King Charles released a statement through Buckingham Palace.
"I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office," King Charles said. "What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities."
"In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation," the King continued. "Let me state clearly: the law must take its course."
Read the full article here
