By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
  • Movies
  • Celebrity Style
  • The Kardashians
  • Celebrity Babies
  • Albums
NEWSLETTER
Live the Gossip
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • More Articles
Reading: Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Montecito neighbors ‘thrilled’ royals are moving back to UK
Share
Search
Live the GossipLive the Gossip
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • More Articles
Search
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • More Articles
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Live the Gossip > Royal Family > Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Montecito neighbors ‘thrilled’ royals are moving back to UK
Royal Family

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Montecito neighbors ‘thrilled’ royals are moving back to UK

Written by: News Room Last updated: August 20, 2026
Share

Some of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s neighbors are ready for a little more peace and quiet amid news that the Sussexes are moving back to the UK.

“When we first heard Harry and Meghan were moving to Montecito, there were definitely some concerns,” a local resident exclusively told Page Six.

“There had already been so much negative press and attention surrounding them and the royal family, and I think people worried about what kind of spotlight that could bring to such a quiet community.”

Our insider noted that now that Prince Harry and Markle are moving back to the UK, they “couldn’t be more thrilled.”

“Montecito is a very private, peaceful place, and I think a lot of people here will be happy to see things go back to being a little quieter,” the source continued.

The insider stressed, however, that they can only speak for themselves and other residents they’ve spoken with — not the entire Montecito community as a whole.

While Montecito is home to plenty of other high-profile residents, including Oprah Winfrey and Rob Lowe, the local said Harry and Meghan brought an unusual level of press and media attention to the normally quiet community.

But it seems to be a common feeling, as another neighbor told Page Six, “Good riddance!”

They told Page Six that “California is happy to see them go.”

The insider claimed the Sussexes are “always asking for grandiose favors of their friends and acquaintances because of their titles, never giving anything back to them or the actual Montecito community.”

They added, “The town is exhausted by them, the entitlement and the never ending drama.”

According to the source, some locals have even taken to referring to the pair as the “Grift and Griftess of Sussex.”

We’re told friends in the UK have been jokingly texting, “Please keep them! We don’t want them!”

The source also claimed Markle was telling people a few years back “that she would go back to the UK kicking and screaming.”

Reps for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex did not immediately respond to Page Six’s requests for comment.

Page Six confirmed Wednesday that Harry, 41, and Markle, 45, plan to return to the UK with their children — Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5 — at the end of the month for an “extended period.”

Sources told Page Six Thursday that the family still plans to keep their $14.5 million Montecito estate while spending significantly more time across the pond.

However, a second source in the Santa Barbara luxury real estate market told The Post that there “have been rumblings” that the couple will sell the property, noting that “every broker wants that listing.”

As previously reported, Harry and Markle have called the posh Santa Barbara County community home since 2020, when they settled there after stepping down as “senior” members of the royal family and relocating to the US.

The couple purchased their sprawling estate that year, and have raised Archie and Lilibet there since.

Their home boasts nine bedrooms and 16 bathrooms, along with sprawling grounds that include a tennis court, rose garden, tea house and children’s playhouse.

Their return to Harry’s home country comes six years after the couple’s dramatic departure from royal life, which caused quite the kerfuffle and became widely known as “Megxit.”

Sources previously told Page Six that King Charles III is a major reason behind the family’s decision to return.

“I know that Charles is a big reason for their return,” a royal insider told us Wednesday.

Harry, Markle and their children reunited with the 77-year-old monarch at Highgrove House in July, marking the first time Charles had seen Archie and Lilibet in four years.

The King, who is battling cancer, is said to be jolly pleased about having his son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren closer to him.

The Sussexes also want Archie and Lilibet to develop stronger relationships with family and friends in Britain. A source told Page Six that the children will attend school in the UK during the family’s stay.

“They have so many friends and family in the UK whom they remain so close to,” another source previously told Page Six.

Meanwhile, we hear Harry and Meghan are expected to remain “non-working members” of the royal family and will continue pursuing their business ventures while living in Britain.

Read the full article here

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article Eli Rallo’s Next Book Is Fiction: The Influencer and Author Has Said ‘All I Needed to Say’ On Her Own Life
Next Article Tractor-Trailer Overturned Onto Road, Spilling Over 20 Tons of Squid That Blocked All Lanes of Traffic
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Join Us for the latest celebrity news

Don't Miss Out

Latest News

New

Meghan McCain rips into ‘D-list royals’ Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s UK move

Tractor-Trailer Overturned Onto Road, Spilling Over 20 Tons of Squid That Blocked All Lanes of Traffic

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Montecito neighbors ‘thrilled’ royals are moving back to UK

Eli Rallo’s Next Book Is Fiction: The Influencer and Author Has Said ‘All I Needed to Say’ On Her Own Life

You Might Also Like

Royal Family

Princess Charlotte’s Wimbledon charm bracelet nods to Princess Diana

Charm runs in the family. Princess Charlotte stepped out…

Writen by News Room July 14, 2026
Royal Family

How Prince Harry’s reunion with King Charles will impact ‘strained’ Prince William relationship after ‘unforgivable betrayal’

Prince Harry’s highly anticipated reunion with his father, King…

Writen by News Room June 22, 2026
Royal Family

Prince George and Princess Charlotte make surprise appearance with Kate Middleton and Prince William at Wimbledon 2026

Prince William and Kate Middleton turned the Wimbledon Tennis…

Writen by News Room July 12, 2026
Royal Family

Kate Middleton wears green Emilia Wickstead dress at Wimbledon 2026 men’s final

Tennis whites, meet grass-court greens. Kate Middleton took in…

Writen by News Room July 13, 2026
Live the Gossip

Follow us to get the latest gossip, entertainment news and updates and more...

FACEBOOK
SPOTIFY
YOUTUBE
RSS
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Celebrity
  • The Kardashians
  • Royal Family
  • Celebrity Babies
  • Film & TV
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?