Prince William and Kate Middleton are reacting to ex-Prince Andrew’s shocking arrest.
The Prince and Princess of Wales support King Charles’ statement on the disgraced royal’s arrest, Page Six has learned.
Andrew was taken into custody at his Sandringham Estate residence on his 66th birthday on Thursday morning.
The former Duke of York was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office for allegedly forwarding confidential trade documents to late convicted rapist Jeffrey Epstein.
If convicted, he could face a maximum sentence of life in prison.
The Thames Valley Police issued a statement explaining that they “arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.”
They did not identify Andrew by name.
Following his younger brother’s arrest, Charles expressed his “deepest concern” over the accusations.
“I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office,” the 77-year-old monarch said in a statement issued by Buckingham Palace.
“What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.”
“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course,” Charles continued. “As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”
Andrew’s arrest comes after more details about his ties to Epstein were exposed in new documents released by the DOJ last week.
The disgraced royal, who served as the UK’s Special Representative for International Trade and Investment between 2001 and 2011, allegedly sent Epstein reports about trips to Vietnam and Singapore in 2010, according to the files.
Trade envoys must keep details about their trips confidential — even when they are no longer in the role under the Official Secrets Act.
Anti-monarchy campaigner Graham Smith reported Andrew’s alleged misconduct to the cops, who confirmed they were “assessing” the damning allegations.
UK authorities also recently confirmed they were reviewing claims made by a woman who suggested Epstein sent her to the UK to have sex with Andrew at his now-former home, Royal Lodge.
Meanwhile, UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer has said that Andrew — who was stripped of his royal titles last year — should testify in court over his connection to Epstein.
In 2021, Andrew was sued for sexual assault by Virginia Giuffre, who claimed he allegedly raped her three times — starting when she was 17 — as part of the Epstein’s sex trafficking ring.
The sex abuse lawsuit was settled out of court, reportedly for millions.
Andrew has always denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein.
William, 43, and Kate, 44, spoke out about the Epstein files for the first time earlier this month, stating that they were “deeply concerned by the continuing revelations.”
“Their thoughts remain focused on the victims,” the couple’s spokesperson added.
Read the full article here
